Subject: Re: [Leica] Archival nature of CD-R
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:33:23 -0800

I'm affraid that the storage in your car may have been the culprit.
Computer media doesn't like dramatic changes in temperature. A car get's
very warm during the day and cold at night. Suddenly you are dealing
with contraction/expansion stresses etc due to temperature, that can
cause the reflective layer to crack and flake and eventualy breakdown
and corrode.

feli