Subject: [Leica] Archival nature of CD-R
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:33:36 -0500

LUGers all,

Some no-mane brand CD-Rs of mine that have been left in my car throughout
this Canadian winter have devloped small pinprick like defects that prevents
their being read.  These were home burned music CDs and I'm not that worried
about them, but my photo CDs are burned on this same brand of disk.  Is
anyone aware of studies on the archival nature of CD-R or CD-RWs and what
storage conditions are recommended for long term?

Thanks

Jonathan Lee

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Archival nature of CD-R)