Subject: Re: [Leica] Champaign / Urbana , IL
From: Douglas Lee <douglas_lee_2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:15:19 -0800 (PST)

- --- Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com> wrote:
> I haven't been there since 1967.
> At that time, there were none.

OK, so it isn't just me...

> Still the midwestern winter teaches us to SEARCH
> (hard) for interesting
> stuff.

Ah yes. Midwestern winters. I remember the first
midwestern winter with my first SLR (not a Leica, a
Nikon FM). I was driving around Fairview park in
Decatur, IL (about 60 miles from Chambana) searching
hard for interesting stuff. Guess I searched a little
too hard as I got propositioned by a toothless old
man! I learned not to drive slowly around parks
looking for photo ops. And no, it was in broad
daylight in the middle of the afternoon.