Subject: Re: [Leica] In defense of digital
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:37:37 -0800

We have a separate firewire hard drive that is starting to fill up fast.
I was at Fry's, in Tustin, this past Friday looking at CD burners.
Couldn't make up my mind, as I didn't have my wife with me. She's the
Mac brains of the outfit in this family. She knows it, along with
Photoshop and Quark, like nobody's business.
I received a grant to give a library the past ten years, 1990-2000, of
my documentaries, commercial and personal, in proof sheet form and
digital media. It literally fell out of the sky. It was just the other
night, figuratively speaking, that I was racking my brains on how to
make a coherent storage that anyone can access, besides myself. One of
the grant's goals is to develop a system locally for work such as mine,
for researchers and students. I'm looking at around a thousand+ proof
sheets and computer files.
At the moment, there is a staff person looking into already existing
systems around the country. Sometime by this summer, I suspect that
we'll have some form of working model.
 Slobodan Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] In defense of digital)
Message from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] In defense of digital)