Subject: RE: [Leica] Lea PAW week 5 & 6
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:05:56 -0500

Bill Satterfield wrote:
 He also said you can buy
local  picture post cards and save your film unless you can get a
photograph that is not a dime a dozen. I am still transiting. and my
ideas have changed too.

- ----
Funny...just an hour ago I sent the following message to one of my MIT
students who is cutting the second class - actually a field trip to go to a
presentation by Susan Meiselas - for a week in El Salvador...

"when you go to El Salvador, or anywhere else "foreign" for that matter,
don't waste your time taking photos that wouldn't be worth taking next door
to where you live. That is, if you want post cards, buy postcards - the
people who shoot them are probably much better at color control, etc., than
you or I. In other words, save your film for that which tells us something
about the human condition - and when you are about to shoot, ask yourself
why you are shooting, and whether you are invading someone's space for no
good reason."

B. D.

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Lea PAW week 5 & 6)