Subject: RE: [Leica] Foveon Chip
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:12:26 -0500

> Stunning barely begins to describe it. Granted, we are looking at these
> images on our monitors,

Er, yep.  You're looking at 72-100 PPI images...that certainly don't look to
be 1:1.  At that kind of resolution, most anything will look like it has
"fine detail".

> Obviously there are those on this list who will pooh-pooh
> anything digital,

No, no...digital can be good, very good...for certain uses.

> BUT...for the
> rest of us in the real world this does indeed give one pause in terms of
> making any further investment in film-based equipment at this time.

Yeah, well...Sigma...  If the quality of Sigma lenses was good enough for
digital, why don't you also use them for film?

;-)