Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Foveon chip
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:53:10 -0500

> <Actually, I do use the Sigma 20 1.8 for film and it is
> surprisingly good -
> <no, it's not an M 21 ASPH - but what is? - and it is 1.5 stops faster.
> <(Built like an oatmeal box, though.;-))
>

> B.D.
>
> I had in the past some Sigma lenses: 28-70 f1:2.8, 400mm f1:5.6 and a
> strange zoom 135-400. The optical quality was never a problem ,
> not in Leica
> or CZ league of course, they were not bad lenses but the construction
> quality was so bad...
>
> KR
>
> Felix

As both of you said (in your own words), "not in Leica or CZ league"...then
WHY ON EARTH are you using Leica lenses, if you would certainly settle for
"less"?  I just don't understand that.  You acknowledge that you can SEE
differences in your Leica images, but all of a sudden a "lesser" lense on a
digital camera gives you results you would be "happy with"?  Something is
amiss here...  Sounds to me like you are lowering your
standards...somehow...because it's "digital"?

"Bah" (not baa...) I say!

Austin