Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Camera flash using the SF-20 with M6 classic
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 12:51:56 -0500

- --On Friday, February 1, 2002 3:44 PM -0800 Marc Attinasi
<marc@attinasi.org> wrote:

> I recently broke down and bought one of Leica's over-priced and
> under-powered flash units, because I found one pretty cheap and I like
> the idea of using CR-123 batteries instead of AA (they last forever in a
> camera bag, which is where the flash usually hangs out).  Even at $100 it
> was too expensive, but it does look good :)
>
> Since I have an M6 with no TTL, I use the flash in auto mode (or
> sometimes manual).  Generally I like to put the flash on a bracket to
> improve the shadowing and get the red out, but the little Leica Wunder
> Flash has no plug for a PC cord, as far as I can tell.  Is there a good
> (read: cheap) way to get that flash off-camera, or is the Nikon SC-17 the
> only ticket?

As I think someone else has already mentioned, you can just use a hotshoe
to PC adapter, since you aren't using the TTL features. If you want the
TTL-style cord, Contax makes one that also works and is a little less
expensive than the Nikon. It is a coiled cord with one end a "male" hotshoe
and the other end a "female" hotshoe into which you slip the flash foot.

Here is the B&H URL, although some of these things are a mile long and may
not wrap properly.

http://www02.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActiva
tor__Aproductlist_html___14243___COECTLA100___REG___CatID=654___SID=EBFE94D
FB30

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com