Subject: [Leica] Off Camera flash using the SF-20 with M6 classic
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:44:35 -0800

I recently broke down and bought one of Leica's over-priced and
under-powered flash units, because I found one pretty cheap and I like
the idea of using CR-123 batteries instead of AA (they last forever in a
camera bag, which is where the flash usually hangs out).  Even at $100
it was too expensive, but it does look good :)

Since I have an M6 with no TTL, I use the flash in auto mode (or
sometimes manual).  Generally I like to put the flash on a bracket to
improve the shadowing and get the red out, but the little Leica Wunder
Flash has no plug for a PC cord, as far as I can tell.  Is there a good
(read: cheap) way to get that flash off-camera, or is the Nikon SC-17
the only ticket?

Thanks,
- - marc

- --