Subject: [Leica] M6 body sizes?
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:05:44 -0800

I am working with someone to produce leather and lizard coverings for M6
cameras.  I have an M6 0.85 'classic' (non-ttl) that we will be using to
make the template, but I am wondering if the leatherette coverings are
all the same for the full range of 'standard' M6 bodies:

M6 0.72 non-ttl (original)
M6 0.85 non-ttl (limited production, the one I have and the one we will
make the template from)
M6 ttl (0.58, 0.72, 0.85 - current production)

I am guessing that the parts between the top and bottom plates are the
same in these cameras, so the coverings are identical, but I thought I'd
defer to the experteise of the list to be sure.

The person making the coverings is Morgan Sparks, and he is currently
making them for Olympus cameras (OM and some of the older rangefinders
too) and they are awesome (if you like that sort of thing, which I do).
 I begged him to make up some for the M6 and volunteered to do the
footwork and provide the test subject. Check out the coverings at
http://homepages.together.net/~msparks/leathers/index.html if you are
keen on the idea.

Thanks,
- - marc