Subject: [Leica] RE: 280 telyt--words and pictures (LONG!)
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:34:32 +0100

<my longest ever was
<the long end of a 80-200 n*kk*r

I humbly ask to anybody in the list why one cannot spell completely the name
of the gear who owns or have owned? Is it a non wrote rule?

Another more complicated question: Does improve the ability to create ART to
have or to have not some special brand equipment? I mind the ability not the
possibility (I cannot shoot properly birds if I haven't got a tele).

 Another even more complicated question : isn't it possible to take
beautiful pictures not in b&w? I know many of the ancient great authors, and
many members of the list,  worked in b&w but some more modern do in color;
just a remembrance for Ernst Haas for example...To do mainly pictures in b&w
"looks" like good pictures but not always they are...Of course b&w is (HCB,
Sieff and Salgao) a reduction to the essence; voluntarily extract from life
the sign, the form of a thing or a person, but if I am not an artist (and
surely I'm not) a pic in b&n becomes very often a vulgarity or a banality in
b&w. Just some thoughts.

I do believe that it is the intention which makes a big picture; if some
image transmit some emotion or some idea or has some kind  of message not
merely a  formal beauty it is  near of some kind of beauty.

Just some thoughts to meditate about and without any wish of any
controversy. Just in a constructive way mainly because even myself I'm not
at all sure to be certain about it.

Kind regards

Felix