Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: 280 telyt--words and pictures (LONG!)
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 29 Jan 2002 08:20:20 -0800

Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net> wrote:

>> my longest ever was the long end of a 80-200 n*kk*r
>

> I humbly ask to anybody in the list why one cannot spell
> completely the name of the gear who owns or have owned?
> Is it a non wrote rule?

I can't speak for anyone else but when I do this it's a (weak) attempt at humor, as though the name "nikkor" were an obscene word.

> Another more complicated question: Does improve the
> ability to create ART to have or to have not some special
> brand equipment?

Not always, but sometimes yes.  In lighting conditions where excessive flare is possible, my experience is that a leica lens is more likely to produce the colors and detail I want in my photos.  A lens with too much flare is an obscenity, IMHO.

> Another even more complicated question : isn't it
> possible to take beautiful pictures not in b&w? I know
> many of the ancient great authors, and many members of
> the list,  worked in b&w but some more modern do in color;
> just a remembrance for Ernst Haas for example...To do
> mainly pictures in b&w "looks" like good pictures but not
> always they are...

I certainly think so.  B&W and color photographs are different media, just as charcoal drawings are different from watercolor paintings.  There's room for both.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe