Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW Weeks 1,2,3,4/sl
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:39:17 -0600

Now the links are all working.............and of the 4 images I like your
week 2 the best.

I, too, like the double reflection of the girl in the window and how it
appears she could be sitting out at a cafe table on the sidewalk.

When I first bought my Leica I had a heck of a hard time focusing it so I
did a loooong series of shots in restaurants of whomever happened to be
sitting across from me. This image reminds me of that work plus I just think
there is something retroy sexy about images taken in restaurants...there is
a kind of intimacy shared when you eat with people.

Obviously this woman is not at your table........was she aware of you
photographing? Seems as if she may have been since her eyes are diverted. Or
maybe something outside caught her eye? Where's her dining mate? There's two
glasses at her table. I like it.

I'd be inclined to try cropping the image from the top to get rid of the
dead space up there. I'd likely go down to just above the lamp post outside
the window and maybe even into it. The image seems to lilt to the
right.......nothing a quick shift of your enlarging easel couldn't fix.

Good work....
Lea