Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW Rob Mellor
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:01:30 -0600

Rob:

> I no my images may need help but
>i am not getting it especially from the much respected TG,LEA,BD etc are
>they so bad as not to merit comment ?

I thought your week 3 got quite a bit of comment.

>http://www.geocities.com/radmelloruk/index.html

One of the first criteria I use for looking at color pictures is whether or
not color helps the image.  If it doesn't help the image, then why is the
photographer using color?  I don't see anything in your week 4 that is
helped by color.

Like Robert mentioned, there's no central point of interest.  What were you
trying to accomplish?  Why did you post this particular shot?  While you
really want your images to stand on their own, maybe it would help if you
told us what you were trying to achieve.

The people in the picture are so far away.  They detract.  Get closer to
them.  Or shoot without them there.

Eric

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Alfie's January 26th PAW)
Message from robmellor <robmellor@onetel.net.uk> (Re: [Leica] PAW Rob Mellor)