Subject: Re: [Leica] My Leica...Bad Experience!
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:06:31 EST

In a message dated 1/21/02 9:17:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jbcollier@powersurfr.com writes:

> Too many people are buying a legend not a camera when they buy a Leica. Why
>  would you wait three months to test a new camera? You should run a roll
>  through BEFORE you fill out the warranty cards. Once you have filled out
and
>  sent in the warranty cards, your dealer cannot simply exchange your camera
>  for another one. You would check things out first if you bought a vacuum
>  cleaner or a toaster or a computer. Why treat a Leica differently?. A Leica
>  is a brand name of a camera not a legendary tool of the photographic gods.
>
>  John Collier

Give me a break, John. You've turned the world on its head. Now you're
blaming him for complaining that a brand-new Leica malfunctions? Yes, one
should try a new product ASAP. But you've badly deflected the point of his
post.

P.S. IMHO you're wrong, a Leica is not like a toaster or vacuum cleaner any
more than a Ferrari or Porsche is like a common consumer product. It is of
course a tool but it is for many, obviously you are not among them, as a
legendary tool.

Best,

Seth     LaK 9