Subject: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 23:44:03 -0800

At 8:31 PM -0600 1/19/02, Eric wrote:
>Lea wrote:
>
>>I speak from experience..........you are creating treasures each time you
>>snap the shutter.
>

>Tina wrote:
>
>>I agree with Lea.  These are priceless photos that you will never regret
>>taking.
>
>I'm not going to stop shooting my gal.  That's not in question.  I'm trying
>to decide whether the PAW is an appropriate channel for this project.  I was
>hoping to get feedback as to how I could shoot pics of my kid more as pieces
>of a portfolio than as family snapshots.  I've gotten private feedback that
>says the LUG isn't the place for my family pictures.  Rocks and trees and
>strangers are welcomed, but not family.  Unless the family pictures are
>interspersed with rocks and trees and strangers.  I'm being rude to use the
>PAW as I have been.  This comes from somebody whose opinion I respect a lot.
>
>I apologize if anybody feels I've been rude.  Or feels that I'm mocking the
>seriousness of the group by posting pictures of my daughter.
>
>Don't get me wrong...I'm not stopping my personal project.  The link I
>posted will continue to work all year long.  If my chosen subject matter
>isn't appropriate for the LUG, I won't post update messages saying that I've
>updated it.  I'll update it quietly for myself.

This is ridiculous. Shoot what you like. Show what you like. YOU make
the rules; no one else.

If someone doesn't like shots of babies, or kittens, or rocks, or
strangers on the street, don't look at them. If the viewer has
problems with these pictures, the viewer has problems, not the
photographer.

Shoot what pleases you and what you are emotionally or artistically
or hopefully both, attached to.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design