Subject: Re: [Leica] leicas in the rain
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 10:12:38 -0800

> "In the past, there were weatherproof enclosures that could best be
described
> as a plastic bag with a glass filter embedded in them. Do they still make
> those?"

Here's their link: http://www.ewa-marine.de/English/e-start.htm

Since I do canoeing, etc around salt water, when I needed a second body for
my Leica M system I chose a Hexar RF. The reasoning being that the
autoexposure and built-in winder would make it a lot easier to use in such a
housing. I have yet to get the housing though so I can't say how well it
works. One thing's for sure, salt water is very corosive and you do need
some kind of protection for any 'normal' camera.

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] leicas in the rain)