Subject: Re: [Leica] wedding shooting
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:34:12 -0800

lea wrote:

> I know this is opening a can of worms as everyone feels strongly about how
> much they dislike doing weddings but I have a question based on something I
> read a few weeks ago here on the list.
>
> Several of you mentioned that you shoot weddings then hand over the film to
> the bride or groom and leave it at that.
>
> In a dealing like this, is there a contract involved and if so, what is
> covered in it? What do you guarantee?
>
> Thanks...as always.
>
> Lea Murphy

If they pay you a thousand bucks to shoot the wedding you might cover
yourself by having it in writing that if your shutter sticks or your
flash doesn't sync or the processor eats the film you'll give them their
lousy thousand bucks back but not pay to fly all the relatives back into
town again for a reshoot.
That's happened and is considered wise to do.

People look down at wedding shooting but much of it is they're just
plain chicken.
Think of it. You blow the wedding.
Shutter sticks or your flash doesn't sync
You will never get another days rest.
The mother of the bride will make a little photographer voodoo doll
It will be you holding your camera and flash.
And there will be pins going into it all the time.

...Till the day you gratefully die.

Don't try stuff new on weddings. Be backed up in every way you can. And
back up the back ups.
If this ____________ jammed what would happen?

Wedding shooting is not for the meek or timid. Or unprepared.
Frankly it's getting to rich for my blood.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com> (Re: [Leica] wedding shooting)