Subject: Re: [Leica] Robert Stevens' PAW Wk 2
From: "Richard Ogden" <rj.ogden@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:50:12 -0000

Robert,

I think the portrait of the cooks surrounded by their equipment is terrific.
Whilst the man is obviously aware that he's being photographed, he's not
'posing', and the natural, slightly quizzical look he's giving you contrasts
well with the girl's apparent indifference as she concentrates on her task.

Gordon at the kitchen table is another picture I particularly enjoyed this
week. Having the camera at or just below his eye level, the light from the
left giving beautiful modelling to his face and catch-lights in his eyes,
and the perfectly judged plane of focus at this wide aperture, all combine
to make this a memorable picture of the young man.

Regards,
Richard

Richard Ogden
PAW Site: http://mysite.freeserve.com/paw2002/index.html