Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL vs "Classic" question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:21:11 -0700

1) Slightly, but only useful if you plan on using a tripod or like motion
induced blur from 1 sec handheld.

2) I cannot feel the difference myself but others claim to be able to. It
may depend on how you hold the camera. I use a M2, M4-2 and a TTL. I feel
comfortable switching between bodies.

3) All the mechanical parts are virtually identical. The only differences
are to accommodate a idler gear to facilitate the larger shutter speed dial.
The electronics are significantly different but there is only a limited
supply of classic electronics left now as the stuff was very old fashioned
(electronically speaking). How long a repair supply they have on hand for
the classic or if they can retrofit something, I do not know.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] M6TTL vs "Classic" question)