Subject: Re: [Leica] More M7 rumors
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:44:10 EST

In a message dated 1/13/02 12:09:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:

> Perfect! :-) You can't beat lining-up two images and the system is KISS
>  simple.
>  The more electronic nick-knacks they add the faster the batteries go down
>  and the camera has more opportunities for glitches.
>
>  The problem is, there are too many people in the world and as we see on the
>  LUG, who want basically to be spoon fed with "non-thinking cameras," so all
>  they have to do is, "when all the pretty lights go on, press button,
picture
>  happens!"

Hi Ted:

I'm writing this off-line to avoid the usual crap from the usual people. I
couldn't agree more with your comments. The very substantial majority of my
photography is done with a *classic* M6 and an M4. For macro and sports and
wildlife I use an R6 and an SL2. All of course are mechanical with batteries
for metering only on the M6, R6 and SL2.

Serious question, not intended in a provocative manner: why do you prefer and
use the R8? Parenthetically, I've never used one since the R6 handle my needs
(perceived or real) and the R8 has always struck me as more bulky than I'd
like. Yes I know the SL2 is a tank but I use it lots less in the field.

Best,

Seth         LaK 9