Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Rollei CLA
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:05:23 -0500

There are many, many, many fine Rollei repair guys about, but the very best
service will come from either Harry Fleenor or Marflex.  Accept no less,
and, yes, the wait is well worth it!

Slobadan mentioned that parts are getting scarce.  Well, not really, as
there is very little which actually "breaks" or "wears out" in a Rolleiflex
TLR body.  The customary problem is old lubricants or the shutter being out
of adjustment or the like.  I have had Harry overhaul some Pre-War gear for
me without a problem.  The major difficulty is with selenium meter cells,
and even these are not completely impossible to find.

I had George Milton at Quality Light-Metric rebuild a Metrawatt LC60 (the
original clip-on 'Leica-Meter', from 1939) a couple of years back, and it
continues to function flawlessly.  But, then, why not?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] OT - Rollei CLA)