Subject: Re: [Leica] Schneider 135 3.5 in Leica SM???
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:13:39 -0500

At 09:14 PM 1/10/02 -0600, Joe Kelly wrote:
>A friend of mine recently found a Schneider 135/3.5 (mint) lens (Leica
>screwmount) Serial # is 5369213.
>It is coated and  Leica rangefinder coupled. I have never seen one before so
>I am of little help. Does anyone know how many were produced. approximate
>value, etc of these lenses.
>Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Well, you would benefit by IMMEDIATELY purchasing a copy of NON-LEITZ LEICA
THREAD-MOUNT LENSES:  A 39mm DIVERSITY, available for a few spare shekels
from Petra Kellers at http://www.camerabooks.com/ and from other fine
vendors everywhere, which covers a lot of these quirky LTM lenses.

The 3.5/135 JSK Tele-Xenar was a product of the Postwar world, though some
of the lenses themselves were Wartime NOS stock.  This lens bears a date
from FEB 57 and MAY 59.

I do not know the number produced but it must have been made in some
quantity, as these guys are not all that rare.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!