Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: William Ravenel's PAW Wk 1
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:10:57 -0500

William Ravenel wrote & showed:
>>After months of silent non-participation, I've decided to give the
> : PAW a shot. I bought an M6 TTL and 35/2 last fall. I love the camera
> : but am ashamed of the small number of rolls that have passed through
> : it. I bought the camera to use, not to fondle and so I thought the
> : PAW discipline might be the answer. The page with first week's photo
> : is at http://home.triad.rr.com/wrphotos.  <<<<<<<<

And wrote on his PAW page -
"Comment on the times, or just a lousy snapshot? Hey, I had to start
somewhere, right? "

Comment on the times, and a very nicely done one at that. Another LUGGER
commented that it is very reminiscent of the WPA photos of families sitting
around the Zeinith or Motorollas listening to FDR, and it really is an
update of that.

As Ted suggested, I might try shooting more at kid level, I might also try,
if you have a really wide lens, to also shoot a scene like this from behind
the TVs, or at least shoot it in such a way that you get a bit more of the
faces in the shot.

But that's nit picking: This is definitely not "just a lousy snapshot," but
is a document of family life at the turn of the century. Very nice.

B. D.