Subject: RE: [Leica] Michael's PAW for week 2
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:03:56 -0500

Interesting shot, Michael. I like the viewpoint, and what you were trying to
do.  However...I'm not sure whether I am looking at - a.) a pile of clothes
on a table; b.) Someone reading at a table; c.) someone asleep on a table.
You need to do something to eliminate that confusion. Unfortunately, I'm not
sure whether darkroom/photoshop work alone can solve that problem. I think
it has more to do with the position of the pile of clothes/grad student at
the "decisive moment." Not to suggest how you should take your photo  - but
I think I might have been more inclined, given the same lighting, situation,
etc., to have shot a horizontal with 21 at table level, allowing me to make
clear what the "object" at the table is, and, at the same time, allowing me
to keep the wonderful line of chairs with their outline of light.

But what I would do is irrelevant - what matters is what you feel and see,
and how you record it.:-)

B. D.