Subject: RE: [Leica] New to the Group
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:40:31 -0600

My guess is that the salespeople assumed that you would want an SLR (folks
who prefer rangefinders are definitely in the minority). When people at the
college see me with a rangefinder, the questions that typically arise are
(1) how old is that thing? and (2) how can you use such a small lens? The
one on my Canon Rebel is about 10 times bigger than that.

The other explanation is that most camera shops (at least in my city) stock
a large number of SLR and digital cameras, but not many rangefinders. They
may not have had an M6 in stock and wanted to make a sale of some kind.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA