Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanner Advice: FS2710 worthy of Leica Slides and Negs?
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:43:03 -0800

> I'm thinking of the Canon FS2710 (I have given up on the idea of scanning
> my medium format chromes).  Does anyone have any experience with this unit?
> Is it any good?

I've had one for 3 years. It's a fine scanner. A few weeks ago I inherited a
Nikon LS4000 from my father's estate (he died this summer, but these things
take time). So naturally I am now using the Nikon instead. I have made a lot
of good scans with the FS2710 and, in truth, I prefer the Canon scanning
software to the Nikon scanning software.

Now that I'm sure the LS4000 works with my computer, I'd be happy to sell my
FS2710 on a money-back basis: if you buy it, and don't like it, I'll refund
your money, but you pay to ship it back to me.

Brian Reid