Subject: Re: [Leica] Gamma (was: my first Noctilux pictures & Gamma settings...)
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:24:48 -0600

on 12/27/01 8:32 AM, J. Gilbert Plantinga at gilplant@hvc.rr.com wrote:

> on 12/27/01 9:01 AM, John Straus at Mail@SlideOne.com wrote:
>
>> Too bad we
>> haven't got to the point of having your browser and desktop and image editor
>> run on their own gamma settings (I know impossible).
>
> IE 5 on the mac has color management via ColorSync. Both images look the
> same :)

Odd, I use IE 5 and I just made some jpegs to upload for my sister. Saved
with no profile and opened it up in IE5 and they looked dark?! I swear this
is how I did files for the web??? Now I just tried it with a gray gamma 2.2
profile (uploading B&W) and they hold from PS to IE5...??
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com