Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: brad's horrid adventure with paypal
From: "fs" <frank.shaw@balcab.ch>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 18:34:34 +0100

No, I did not write  that you needed at least $10 Million in order to open
an account - but most of  the better-known banks are not enthusiastic about
small customers. You make the valid point that they welcome cutomers with
money to hide. Some of them are never seen again, since their line of work
( and in the past, their ethnicity) has meant that they are not a position
to reclaim the funds they entrusted to these institutions. I know of cases
only a few months old were funds were
diverted through forgery of the heads of the so-called ''private banking
sector'' of a Cantonal bank - and this is by no means uncommon.  So much for
false rumours - I live here and know the situation personally - from the
inside.