Subject: Re: [Leica] bokeh, Nocti and otherwise [was: NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm]
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 00:05:45 -0500

Guy:

The focus is a tiny bit off on the top one. The old Prominent is a bear
to focus. Stephen Gandy well describes this camera as clumsy at best.
Although bigger than an LTM finder, the viewfinder/rangefinder isn't
very distinct and you focus awkwardly with a knob where you would expect
to find the rewind crank. I'm pretty impressed that Dad did so well.

Slightly better than a Summarit? Interesting. Especially since its a
stop faster!

Simon

>Simon,

>I like the look of these pix. The first one is a little soft, the
second
>one seems sharper. The quality appears similar to the Summarit, though
the
>Nokton may be a tad sharper.

>Guy

>>Feli:
>>
>>This is getting confusing. Do you mean does the original Voigtlaender
>>Nokton have nice bokeh? I think it may. Here are a couple of pictures
of
>>my older brother that I'm pretty sure my father took with his
Prominant

http://www.camera-craftsman.com/Nokton.html