Subject: Re: [Leica] bokeh, Nocti and otherwise
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:09:46 -0800

>Guy Bennett wrote:
>>The all time bokeh winner in my book is the Summarit, which I have in
>>LTM. >Ooooooooooh!  Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! Smooooooooooth! (Almost wet my
>>pants.)
>>
>> Just my point zero two.

>Have you ever shot a Nocton? I saw a post in the archives where Erwin
>rates them very close in performance, with the Nocton having a bit more
>contrast. Anyone have a experience with this comparison?
>
>feli

Do you mean the original or current Nokton? I think you must mean the
current, since I don't recall Erwin every commenting on the original
Voigtlander lens.

About the new one I believe he and others have said that it is better (I
suppose meaning sharper and contrastier, esp wide open) than the current
Summilux. On the other hand, some Luggers have complained about its bokeh
(I think John Brownlow sold his for that reason). Hans Pahlen's got a shot
or two on his sight in which he points out the bokeh of that lens as being
harsh and unpleasant. And that's pretty much all I've heard about that lens.

I'd love to know more about the original Nokton but have seen no info on it
anywhere.

Guy

Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm)
Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> ([Leica] bokeh, Nocti and otherwise [was: NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm])