Subject: [Leica] bokeh, Nocti and otherwise [was: NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm]
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:47:03 -0800

>Guy! in fairness to Seth it was BD who slammed NOCTILUX-M's Bokeh as
>being "really weird," not Seth.
>I personally don't find it to be really weird.
>I find it to be really smooth. Slightly liquidy.
>A bit presumptions perhaps but I'm amused at it's pretensions!>
>Mark Rabiner

Here's my thought on current M lens bokeh. The following are roughly
equivalent in my book:

50 Summicron - beautiful, smooth, a bit creamy
Noctilux - same but perhaps a bit creamier
75 Summilux - smooth, rich, but no cream
90 Elmarit - same

Why? I have no idea. Is it a question of glass? Non-asphericity? ('Twould
be interesting to have a bokeh comparison between the current and ASPH
Noctili.) Whatever the case may be, I find the above all superior in bokeh
to the 35 Summicron ASPH and the 24 Elmarit. The all time bokeh winner in
my book is the Summarit, which I have in LTM. Ooooooooooh!
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! Smooooooooooth! (Almost wet my pants.)

Just my point zero two.

Guy

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] bokeh, Nocti and otherwise [was: NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm])
Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] bokeh, Nocti and otherwise)