Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leicaflex SL lenses
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 06:48:54 +0100

Richard Setchim wrote:

> <<Joe Kelly asked for help choosing lenses for his recently acquired SL>>
>
> Before you buy a macro may I suggest you try the Summicron stopped down to
> f8 with a close up lens. (If your Summicron has the series VI filter mount
> they can be bought for little). The results are very good. Alternatively try
> your M lenses for macro work with a M to R adaptor.

...or do as I did when I bought my SL which also came with the 50mm
Summicron--sell the 50mm and get the 60mm Macro Elmarit as your standard lens.
It is a dynamite lens and you can get an adapter to go all the way to 1:1.

I also use the 19mm (old version) on the SL; focusing such a wide angle is
difficult with any SLR, but then again, given its depth of field it does not
need to be so precise. Finally, the 180mm Elmarit (again, the old version,
weighing 1 kg) has given me consistently wonderful results and is a joy to use
with the SL.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman