Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HCB and DDD
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:16:28 -0500

Of course HCB takes himself far too seriously, and, yes, he  - like
many, many, if not most, artists, appears to have an ego the size of
Paris. However, I believe it is utterly ridiculous to suggest that he
and DDD were in cahoots, as you suggest. This book does HCB less than no
good - prior to his death he already resides in the pantheon of all-time
photo greats; he hardly needs the publicity or exposure. Further, he has
long been known for his objections to being photographed - although he
has been on occasion - so it makes no sense at all that he would
willingly support an effort as pathetic as this one.

B. D.