Subject: Re: [Leica] SF 20 Flash and M setting
From: "John M. Sikes, Jr." <mcnaught@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:58:24 -0500

The instruction book states "Move the camers's shutter speed dial to flash
synch speed [arrow] or  X or a slower speed."
perhaps the controlling variable is use of slow film such that the 1/50
speed, small aperture, will suffice for unassisted exposure, but then
permit partial light output for shadow. If this is not the answer, I hope
someone will provide the info. Like you, I have trouble with the instruction
book supplied with the flash.