Subject: Re: [Leica] SF 20 Flash and M setting
From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:33:56 -0500

> The TTL uses a electronic flash sync and will not fire the flash if the
> shutter speed dial is set above 1/50.
>
> John Collier

Hello John, and sincere thanks for taking the time to respond.  However, the
point is that with the Manual setting on the SF 20 one would think from the
instructions that the sync speed on the TTL body is removed from the
equation.  The M setting is precisely to allow a Leica user the flexibility
of using fill in flash whenever, and wherever, desired regardless of the
aperture and shutter speed setting one is utilizing; otherwise, what is the
purpose of the M setting on the flash? No, I must be missing
something...since Rich's SF did the same thing I do not think my flash is at
fault.  Wonder if this is a defect with many of the SF units, or I am simply
not comprehending the purpose of "M" or the "right" way to use the flash.

Thanks again,

Elliot