Subject: Re: [Leica] Pink haze correction
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:39:35 -0800

I agree that Rodinal can give excellent results on some films.  I love it on
FP4 and PanF.  Many many years ago (70's) I read in some magazine about the
"honest grain" of Rodinal and that agitation builds grain.  They suggested
one agitation per minute and I have always used 1:50 or 1:100 and had
excellent results.  The accutance of this combination is outstanding.  I
have developed pieces of rolls (shoot a whole roll of one subject) with
different developers and looked at the results.  The Rodinal, while grainer,
almost always looks sharper when enlarged to 11X14.  I have toyed with
adding some sulfite to diminish the grain, but have never done so.  I think
Agfa actually has a Rodinal Plus (or some such name) that has this added to
diminish the grain.  Has anyone tried this?

Aram

>Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:03:38 -0800
>From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Pink haze correction
>Well Rodinal + Agfa APX 400 is one of worst combo I've ever seen.
>By the way, is the APX 400 base so dirty, ugly and dark grey or... what ?
>
>On the other side I found that FP4, HP5 and APX 100 look nice in Rodinal
but
>1+50 and with very very smooth agitation. Only one inversion per minute.
And

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Pink haze correction)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Pink haze correction)