Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri-X vs. HP5+ at ISO 800
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:00:45 -0700

> nevertheless,
> they say they prefer the Ilford as a 400 film.  another thing i like about
> HP5+ is that you can get it in all the formats i like: 35, 120 and 220.

+ Ilford continues (for the present) to support various different sheet
formats e.g. 5x7, as well as supply it in more "reasonable" amounts in all
sizes (i.e. less than Kodak's minimum 100/250 sheets).

Kodak seems down the road of abandoning sheet film in all but the most
inconvenient way - and possibly altogether.

At 400 I have always found Ilford nicer film - and I often push it to 800 -
suits me (but then I grew up with Ilford - I must have been 17 before I even
knew Kodak made anything other than colour print film, and Kodachrome!).

Tim a