Subject: [Leica] More on HCB
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:56:46 -0500

    Steve Rowell wrote, "I seem to recall reading a quote from HCB, pointing
out that celebrity is
not necessarily an asset for a photographer that depends on anonymity. It's
difficult to take HCB
like photos if people are coming up to you and saying "Aren't you so-and-so,
can I have your
autograph?"

    Steve,
    You have made a very valid point for HCB. However, he retired from
active photography in 1968. IN fact he has reject photography. So why the
need for anonymity?
    Personally, I think it part of his "anarchist" philosophy of life.

    Kyle,
    Point taken, LeGrande Hank did and does refuse to sign prints from the
Magnum files. Those prints were quickly and made primarily for reproduction.
They are not quality prints.

Happy Snaps & Holidays,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.