Subject: Re: [Leica] SF-20: Wrong Setting but OK?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:30:22 -0800

"Jerry S. Justianto" wrote:

> I shot couple of pics using SF20 with wrong setting.
> The setting should be f 5.6 in actuallity I set my lense to f 2.0.
>
> But the result is OK not an over exposure flash effects.
>
> Why is this happened?
>
> Regards,
> Jerry

The setting is not a setting.
Your flash has no idea which F stop you pick or don't pick and does not care.
It just knows how much light it needs before it kicks off.

IF you stop down more the flash is just going to wait longer before it kicks off.
The "setting" is not really a setting is just a recommendation to tell you how far
you can shoot at that f stop and film speed.
If you shot further than that the flash knows it will kick out a full power flash,
not be kicking off early at all, and still not make it exposed enough.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from "Jerry S. Justianto" <jsjm6@cbn.net.id> ([Leica] SF-20: Wrong Setting but OK?)