Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and off-camera strobe
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 12:17:36 -0800

"James Mason, Arctic Sounder" wrote:

> Rather than use a Leica for off camera flash, here's what I'd rather
> do: I'd get one of those photo booths they used to have a bus depots.
> Used to be that you put in four quarters and got four little head
> shots, like passport photos. I'd put wheels on it and push it around.
> I'd give people four quarters and tell them to get in and push the
> button. Then I'd give them two of the little pictures and keep two
> for myself to hang in the museum next to Cindy Sherman's work.
>
> that would be easier than trying to use a Leica for off camera...

I'm just curious,James Mason, Arctic Sounder, as you are new to the list as of
yesterday or the day before and this is your first troll today - four yesterday
- - just what the limited uses of the Leica M system that you've created for
yourself and would have us listen to?

11:21 AM:
I bought an R6.2 and ran about 6 rolls thru it. Then a gear in the
film advance broke and the camera is in for repair...I am not
imressed...do you have any opinion on the durability of this camera?
I like cameras that don't break...
James Mason

12:23
Any working news photographer will tell you, the purpose of a Leica
is to hang around your neck for the publicity photo after you win an
award. Work with the EOS, pose with the Leica...
James Mason
Alaska

2:26
I'd like to see a camera with an EOS rangefinder body that uses Leica
lenses...for 90% of what I do, I don't need a reflex.

9:11
Why torture yourself? Get an autofocus camera...otherwise you will
miss a lot of pictures.

Perhaps as you are new to the list you should introduce yourself.
Can we see see any pictures? Or should we just look you up on the Canon list? ;)
Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] Leica and off-camera strobe)