Subject: [Leica] Re: Piezo Plunge
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 06:03:58 -0600

John:

>The unit ships with both a slide carrier and negative carrier. However I
>noticed some vendors, in trying to have a seemingly lower price, made them
>add-ons. Depends on your vendor.

I have my SS4000, too, and I'm really happy with it so far.

I don't have a current enough version of Photoshop, so I can't use the
SilverFast stuff...yet.  (To show how ancient mine is, I have 3.0.4.
SilverFast requires 3.0.5 or later.)

With all these scans, I had to find some way to print them.  So gave the
heave ho to my 8 year old HP inkjet and bought a really cheap Epson.  C80 is
the model.  $150 - $30 rebate.  It will have to do until I can get a 3000 +
Piezo kit.

My SS4000 came without a SCSI card.  That's the difference between Samy's
$700 version and Cameraworld/B&H's $750 one.  But that's no big deal...the
instruction manual says that is optional and to see your dealer.  The slide
and negative carriers should be standard equipment.  If you get one without
those, I'd never do business with that dealer again.

I'm using Vuescan and am thrilled with my results so far.  Printing 6x9s
that look pretty good.  Except the grays are not completely neutral.  But
that's ok for now given what I paid for the printer.  :)

Eric

Replies: Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Piezo Plunge)
Message from John Kraus <johnkraus@sbcglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Piezo Plunge)