Subject: [Leica] Re: On Line Shops
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 05:34:41 -0600

Bill:

>Adorama took days to acknowledge and haven't shipped in 11 days.  B&H took
> 4 days to ship the first order and 1 day to ship the second.

I've heard good things about Adorama but have never shopped there yet.

As long as I hit their cutoff time, B&H ships that same day.  Next day, if I
miss it by even 10 minutes.  Fair enough.  Keep in mind they close early on
Fridays and aren't open on Saturday.  They also are closed for several
religious holidays.

The only time I've had an order take longer was when the web site told me
the item was a special order and would take 2-3 weeks.  (B+W yellow-green
filter.)

I'm 1 for 2 with Cameraworld.  I usually only go with them when B&H doesn't
have something in stock.  On one occasion, there were no problems.  In the
latest fiasco, they lied to me about having an item in stock I could
purchase, that it would ship the same day, and then never contacted me to
tell me otherwise.

Eric