Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Photo magazines are good?
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:22:57 -0600

>A while back there was, in fact, a column at the Digital Journalist
>website arguing that the Leica M and the Canon EOS were the ideal
>photojournalist combo - the M for use with wide angles and use in
>situations where near silence is required, the EOS for use with
>longer lenses, flash, and for getting in really close - where the
>Leica lenses won't focus.

B. D.

Sorry to jump into this discussion a bit late. The Magnum 9/11 book
quotes Susan Meiselas, "I grabbed two cameras, a Leica and a Canon,
one 28-105mm lens, and a few rolls of film--too few, as it turned
out."

Showing my age, in Vietnam during the war, the popular combination
for photographing was a Leica M2 with a 35 and Nikon F with a 105mm.

John

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Which Photo magazines are good?)