Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 48 - what a real bookshop looks like
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:57:26 -0600

>   This is only a minor annoyance in these shots but if you
>had gone down on your knees then this would not have happened. Sort of like
>taking pictures of children.

Nathan--
Last I looked this was not Architectural Digest photo forum.
I think the "keystoning", "tilt-shelves", etc are not very offensive.
This is with a 24 not a 21, 15 or 12 all of which would have been
worse (I know that's no excuse, but it's true).
"Down on your knees" would probably have brought other stuff into the
foreground which might have been more of a problem. This is an
environmental portrait and a good one at that (I liked the 'main' one
best).
I don't deny that it's a good idea to avoid keystoning but it is very
inoffensive in your photographs.
John Fulton
Fort Worth

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 48 - what a real bookshop looks like)