Subject: Re: [Leica] Denton Texas, just a few minutes from DFW
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:36:52 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:02:47 -0500 Don Dory <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
wrote:
> Walt, in your delicious description of country life in rural Denton, Texas;
> you forgot to mention that you are located just north of that small little
> metroplex called Dallas/Fort Worth.

Yes, our band (www.thesilvertones.com) plays mostly in D/FW...too many bands
working too cheap in Denton!!!

> Sounds like the best of both worlds, small town just a short drive from
> whatever the big city offers.  In fact I-35 splits in your home town so you
> have to choose which metroplex to go through on your way to the Guadalupe.

Yeah, but ya know, after living/working in Houston area and D/FW-Irving area,
I find that I really don't WANT to go to any city...unless I'm working,
I just stay here or go FARTHER away from "culture"!!--now with the internet,
I don't even go to stores much anymore...we have a photo "supply" store here
serving the colleges (no real 'equipment') but for other stuff we're well
covered!!

> Don who loved the colleges in Denton back when the colleges were primarily
> teacher's colleges and the teachers were mostly afflicted with x
> chromosomes. :)
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

Actually, that's still a plus....

CU later, Walt