Subject: Re: [Leica] (depressing) Wedding photographers Ottawa..? help
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:34:14 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

> Wow!! Where do you live, and when does the next plane/bus/wagon train
> leave for there?:-)
> > B.D.

I live in Denton, Tx.---it's a college town of 100K, very little "industry",
 three
colleges, average full time income probably about $30K, so I'm "middle class"
 by local standards...many artists, THOUSANDS of musicians,
 the highest percentage of 'slackers' short of  Austin,
 but without the Austin (BS) attitude...
I work for UNT, School of Visual Arts, and play in two local bands, although
one has died, I think..
my school and my kid's school are all within walking
distance of the house, as are all necessary purchases (food, hardware, radio shack,
etc.)...culturally rich area if you care to look, but without the "attitude"...
 very conservative folks except the college students/faculty and they're even kinda
 moderate (by comparison to Austin or the Left Coast)
(public schools say the pledge AND have a Christmas tree -- HORRORS!!!) :) :)
Political Correctness is not beating us over the head, but you can find it if
you desire (just stay on campus)...Not a bad place to live...you oughtta come
by, B.D. -- You just might fit in here!!! -- on the "right" end of town...!!!!
Walt

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] (depressing) Wedding photographers Ottawa..? help)