Subject: Re: [Leica] To cheer up: now in praise of Leica
From: Phil Marcus <pmarcus@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:44:45 -0600

With all due respect, Don, what color is the sky in your world?

I love my Leica equipment, and I made a living as a professional
photographer most of my life.  I used Nikon 35mm equipment for a lot of
obvious and non-obvious reasons.  One of them was reliability.

I am one of those pros who put thousands of exposures on a body and lenses.
Frankly, my equipment never did anything but produce good, sharp and
well-exposed images while I and the IRS owned it.  If the pro-line stuff
made by folks like Nikon and Canon (and any other company that does so)
weren't really good, no one would use it to make all of those published
images you see every day.  Yes, Leica makes them just as well, arguably the
best of any.  But it takes oh, so long to depreciate it!  (And that big,
floppy salvage value . . .).

Don't sell pros short, they know their business well because they do it ever
day - and they're not stupid.

Phil