Subject: RE: [Leica] Full sheet( 8 1/2x11) scanners
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:09:07 -0800 (PST)

the UMAX Astra 4000 has a transparency unit that is just large enough to scan
most of a one of the 7 strip by 5 frame printfile sheets.

in fact, any scanner that handles 8x10 will scan one of those sheets for you,
but will probably cut off some margins.

I didn't like the Astra though, because the software didn't make batch scanning
or fine tuning of constrast easy.

So I'm thinking of getting an Epson 1680.

Pete