Subject: Re: [Leica] Wartime Screw Leica ?
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 19 Nov 2001 09:30:10 -0800

On Mon, 19 November 2001, V8PWR@aol.com wrote:

> Hello all .
> I will soon be in relation with a guy owning a screw mount Leica
> with the LUFTWAFE sign and cross from the WWII .
>
> The guy will probably sell the camera and lens .
>
> Although I don't know what it is exactly , what should I check
> on the camera to see if it's a copy or not ?
> What about serial numbers ?
> And , next , the important thing : the price ?
> I know this is a lot of questions for something I haven't even
> seen but maybe some of you owners of such cameras could
> guide me on that bought .
> Thanks
>
> Jo Goodtimes , France

Be careful, there are lots of fakes.  One sign of a fake it the top plate surrounding the viewfinder window.  If the top of the the ridge surrounding the viewfinder window is flush with the top of the camera, it's certainly a fake.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe